Shop for the latest range of solid wood wardrobes at direct factory prices to buy furniture in Singapore.
Customize options are available to alter the size of solid wood wardrobe
Find your next solid wood wardrobe for your home at Wihardja furniture showroom.
What type of wood is best for wardrobe?
Teak wood is known to be one of the most durable wood for furniture. They are less prone to cracking and warping compared to other woods.
How much does a solid wood wardrobe cost?
It differs from company but at Wihardja, our solid wood wardrobe is priced between $1,299 to $1,789. Prices are kept affordable as Wihardja brings solid wood wardrobes directly from the factory, which reduces the costs for customers.
Types of wardrobe
From your traditional wardrobe to sliding wardrobe, there are many types to choose from. If you have space limitation, go for sliding wardrobes. If you prefer to be able to see all your clothes at one glance, consider an open wardrobe concept instead!
A Comprehensive Guide to Buying Wardrobes: Functionality, Style, and More
Wardrobes, the unsung heroes of our bedrooms, play a crucial role in organizing our clothing, accessories, and sometimes even our secrets. They are more than just pieces of furniture; they are an integral part of our daily lives. Whether you're moving into a new home, renovating your bedroom, or simply looking to upgrade your current wardrobe, this comprehensive guide will take you through all the essential aspects of buying wardrobes.
Understanding Your Needs
Before diving into the world of wardrobe shopping, it's essential to assess your specific needs and requirements. Consider the following factors:
- Storage Space: Determine the amount of clothing and accessories you own. Do you need a compact wardrobe for a minimalist wardrobe, or do you require an expansive wardrobe to accommodate your extensive collection?
- Functionality: Think about how you want to organize your belongings. Do you need shelves, drawers, hanging space, or a combination of these? Some wardrobes come with special compartments for shoes, ties, and jewelry.
- Room Size and Layout: Measure your room's dimensions and layout. This will help you decide on the size and placement of your wardrobe. Consider factors like doors and windows that might affect where you can place it.
- Aesthetic Preferences: Consider your personal style and the overall décor of your room. Wardrobes come in various styles, from traditional to modern, and choosing one that complements your room's design is crucial.
- Budget: Establish a budget for your wardrobe purchase. Prices can vary significantly depending on size, materials, and features.
Types of Wardrobes
Wardrobes come in various types, each catering to different needs and room sizes. Here are some common types:
- Free-Standing Wardrobes: These are standalone units that don't need to be attached to the wall. They are versatile and can be moved around if needed. Free-standing wardrobes are suitable for most bedrooms.
- Fitted Wardrobes: These wardrobes are custom-built to fit your room perfectly. They maximize space and can be designed to blend seamlessly with your room's architecture.
- Sliding Door Wardrobes: Sliding doors are a space-saving option, making them perfect for smaller rooms. They also give a modern and sleek look to your bedroom.
- Corner Wardrobes: Ideal for rooms with limited space, corner wardrobes utilize often-overlooked corners efficiently. They come in various shapes to fit different room layouts.
- Walk-In Wardrobes: For those with ample space and a substantial clothing collection, walk-in wardrobes offer a luxurious and organized storage solution.
Materials and Durability
The choice of materials for your wardrobe is crucial, as it impacts both the aesthetic appeal and durability of the furniture. Here are some common materials used in wardrobe construction:
- Wood: Solid wood wardrobes are sturdy and have a timeless appeal. They come in various wood types, such as oak, walnut, and pine. Plywood and MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard) are cost-effective alternatives that mimic the look of solid wood.
- Metal: Metal wardrobes are sleek and modern. They are often chosen for their durability and contemporary design.
- Laminate: Laminate wardrobes are affordable and come in a wide range of finishes. They are easy to clean and maintain, making them suitable for busy households.
- Glass: Glass-fronted wardrobes add a touch of elegance and can make your room appear more spacious. However, they require regular cleaning to keep them looking their best.
- Mirrored: Mirrored wardrobes serve a dual purpose – storage and a full-length mirror. They are a great choice for bedrooms with limited space.
Buying a wardrobe is not just about acquiring a piece of furniture; it's about enhancing the functionality and aesthetics of your bedroom. By understanding your needs, exploring the different types and styles available, and considering materials and features, you can make an informed decision that will not only meet your storage needs but also elevate the overall look and feel of your living space. A well-chosen wardrobe can be a long-term investment in both organization and style.